View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
redlite

I used to shoot idpa down at bass river rod and gun club down in yarmouth on the cape probably 12 years ago. Had shoot once a month Had a pretty cool course. There r different types and levels u qualify for like in bowling. Got into from a guy a shot with here in dartmouth. It was awesome. When i did it there was basic combat shootin ie u shot from behind a barrel and a bianchi barrier( a wall) at silouettes where it varied with shots to head and body my favorite was real world situations. Lot like runnin an obstacle course and u knocked down pie plates.
I enjoyed it because it was competin with off the shelf out of the box guns so everyone was on the same level. I shot a 9mm browning high power and a colt then smith 45. It was nice cause u werent competeing against guys shootin 38 super custom guns that had more work done to them and cost more than most people's cars. Shootin stock ammo instead of agaisnt guys that r custom loading to the most precise pellet of powder. With different levels it also made it fun competitively so u werent battlin pros or ex delta force guys( i competed against some of them and proudly held my own).
It is a blast. I highly recommend u give it a shot. I dont know if bass river still does it but im sure u could google it find places in mass that do it.
Durin the winter i used to shoot indoors at american firearms school in attleboro. Best indoor place i ever shot. State of the art ranges and u could shoot anything up to .50 cal inside. Once had a guy in the station next to me firin am m1 garand. My bullets were rattlin. They had 2 interactive simulators one u shot plastic bullets and it shot back at u. Half a police car and a mailbox in a room for simulatin traffic stops. Other was live fire where u shot your real gun at a self sealin foam wall. Was so awesome. Not sure if they r still in business but u could google them too
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote