Thread: MAK 8 tube
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
Mr. Sandman

They are nice bags...no question. I would love one but just cant pull the trigger. What kills me now is that the hard core surfcaster use to go on and on about the fly fishermen that are all "Orvis'ed up" (I love that term Pete!)and that they are not fishermen, just want to show off their fancy equipment... and now it is the hard core surfcaster that spend 400 on a plug bag (with no plugs). I remember when "the Surfcaster" sold their big bag for like 100 (pre aquaskinz)and I got one and use to leave it in the truck so no one saw it. I carried the Army/Navy surplus with shampoo bottles for years as well, that was the ticket. Now, you have to have a $400 bag, 1200 reel, custom plugs @50/per , custom rod, wet-suit or custom waders that are 500-1000+, not to mention all the other fishing paraphernalia you just have to have. (same goes for boating!)

The sad thing is the fish are so small now and so few that you have all this stuff to catch a sub 20# fish 95% of the time. It seems like you HAVE to HAVE all this stuff even to be in the game anymore. What happened to 10 cent eels and your total fishing equipment that probably added up to 500 bucks for everything...and you caught huge fish too! I miss those days.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote