View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
never called you a racist as for Divisive seems only some white people interpret his statements as such and the all seem to be conservatives which could just be chance .

is this one of your quotes We know that the overwhelming majority of police officers do an incredibly hard and dangerous job fairly and professionally. They are deserving of our respect and not our scorn. (Applause.) And when anyone, no matter how good their intentions may be, paints all police as biased or bigoted, we undermine those officers we depend on for our safety. And as for those who use rhetoric suggesting harm to police, even if they don’t act on it themselves -- well, they not only make the jobs of police officers even more dangerous, but they do a disservice to the very cause of justice that they claim to promote.

or this one

We tell them to keep those neighborhoods in check at all costs, and do so without causing any political blowback or inconvenience. Don’t make a mistake that might disturb our own peace of mind. And then we feign surprise when, periodically, the tensions boil over.

We know these things to be true. They’ve been true for a long time. We know it. Police, you know it. Protestors, you know it. You know how dangerous some of the communities where these police officers serve are, and you pretend as if there’s no context. These things we know to be true.

no you post only this from the same speech.. thats called being divisive.... We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book - going off on gun control

Classic
WDMSO, the first part of Obama's eulogy was magnificent. And then, of course, he blew it. Did Obama say that cops killing black men are not isolated incidents? Did he say that, or did he not say it?

I never said that every single word that comes out of Obama's mouth is divisive. But a lot of what he says, sure is. I don't remember Bush, or Bill Clinton, leading that way, not at all.

If 95% of what Obama says is harmless, but 5% of what he says is racist and divisive bullsh*t, then that's a problem.

You cannot make that wrong. But your liberalism doesn't allow you to admit that I have a point. Because you can't be intellectually honest and be a liberal. Yes, you can point to many inspiring things that Obama has said. That doesn't come close to refuting my point. Again, you are acting like I said that everything Obama says is divisive. That's not what I said. Once again, you respond to something I never came close to saying.

It's not possible to be intellectually honest and be liberal. In my first post, I listed a half dozen things he said, which any rational person would say is divisive. You can't admit that I have a point, and the best you can do is say "well, he does say some things that aren't divisive". But that's not the point. The point is that he occasionally says terrible things, which are demonstrably false, for political gain.