View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
And why do you think this is suddenly required, do you think climate change might be contributing? Why do you think building codes on our own seaport are changing and disaster planning is having to address flooding in areas they didn’t in years past. Trump thinks the change is only temporary and the scientific community warning us of things to come, just has a hidden political agenda.

You can rake the forest and encourage clear cutting, but those might be just bandages for a short term fix.

I also think that in light of the suffering and losses, that is not the time to be putting the blame on forestry management, but he likes to throw paper towels and hand out leaf rakes in times of dispare.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
By all means, let us not pay attention to short term fix bandages.

As for the rest, I don't know, you seem to be certain, or more certain than not. I suspect if the people of California want to initiate climate change policies that prevent forest fires, they can do it. We've been told over and over that California is richer than most other countries. It is probably the most progressive State in the union. No doubt the California politicians and government planners are smarter than Trump. They can surely do the long term fix without Trump.

Governor Jerry Brown was appreciative of the work FEMA was doing and thanked Trump for calling attention to the problem. Trump said there will be federal funding for forest management. That there will be state and federal cooperation on the problem.

But, of course, Trump is a clown.