View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Also, if you have a LTC, you can legally keep any firearm on your person or under your direct control. The improper storage law only applies when you are not in physical possession of the weapon. Let's say you have a gun under your pillow in bed or in a nightstand within arm's reach. If you were to be charged with improper storage, and I was representing you, I would argue that it was under your direct control, and probably be successful. And in point of fact, almost every person that I've seen charged with improper storage was as a result of a case where there was a domestic situation, the wife called the cops, and they found a gun that wasn't properly stored. The cops can't just come into your house to check out whether your guns are properly stored---they have to be in there for a legitimate reason to start with.

Just as an FYI---improper storage when a minor is present is a serious felony in Massachusetts.

Last edited by Mike P; 12-28-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote