Thread: 19 Republicans
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re right high crimes
or misdemeanors. it’s not going to happen, not based on what we know now that is, god knows what Trump will do
next.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I see it happening
McConnell has put him on notice that they are not playing his reality TV games.
He is the one who campaigned on the wall that almost all politicians privately say is simplistic at best but not a real solution
But the wall is but a smokescreen to distract from the real issues.
Trump has destabilized: our economy, relations with allies, The Republican Party, trade relationships, vital branches of government, the free press.
His current attempt to seize control of the Republican Party which most Senators and Representatives have spent their lives building is not acceptable and it is obvious to people to whom the long term viability of the Party is important that he is only interested in short term solutions, has no interest in traditional Republican values and if he succeeds in holding the Presidency will doom the party and Inflict further damage on our nation in the future with no gain for the party.
After the failure in the midterms (Yes it was a failure)they realize they need to decide whether to fish or continue cutting bait for Trump.
He’s catching fewer and fewer fish, time for a new captain.
They cannot count on Trump’s word or actions, he is only on team Trump.
I see Trump leaving either by resignation or impeachment with likely Pence and Haley finishing the term and running in 2020.
There’s little time left to screw around with the Trump BS.
This will all be negotiated in Congress between the two parties, with some concessions on issues that they will work together on to get through this mess.

As for a Democratic candidate two years before the primary who would have said Humphrey, McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama would be the candidate and the same works for the Republican Party.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin