View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Again, your side is really getting in the habit of claiming a generalization is true, because you can point to one specific example.

In your other thread, you tried to prove that Obama hatred was as bad as Trump hatred, by listing a few specific examples of Obama hatred. It doesn't work that way. Showing that there was more than zero Obama hatred, doesn't mean that Trump hatred isn't way worse.something like 40% of Repubs. believed (and I'm sure many still do) that Obama was a Muslim and not born here with zero proof. If that doesn't demonstrate hatred, what does?

Same here. Listing examples of his bad deals, doesn't make him a bad dealmaker. You list all of his deals, compare the good and the bad, and see if the good outweighs the bad, or vice versa.It has been shown that he could have made more $ by selling everything his father left/gave him and putting it an index fund and he would be worth more than he his worth now.

You know this. But you aren't capable of that degree of fairness because you hate the man.I dislike him bc he is a vile, petty crass, vindicative, etc. Prob. the same reasons I would hate a person down the street if they act like him.

I concede that I despised Obama, I hated his personality, his style, his policy, almost everything about him. But he did some great things with the economy, and he did some great things in the war on terror.

You need to honestly evaluate the good and the bad Paul. If you ignore the good and fixate on the bad, I admit, he looks pretty damn bad.

How many stories do you think CNN and MSNBC have done, interviewing people who were unemployed but now have good jobs? Or families like mine who received a little bump in take-home pay thanks to the tax cuts?
But the tax cuts are never going to pay for themselves like we were promised. Everyone not in the admin. said that and that is turning out to be the case. I have told you before, not everyone here makes what you make so the tax cuts where inconsequential to many people. Plus until I actually do my taxes I don't know if it benefits me or not bc of my propery taxes deduction is now limited.