View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But the tax cuts are never going to pay for themselves like we were promised. Everyone not in the admin. said that and that is turning out to be the case. I have told you before, not everyone here makes what you make so the tax cuts where inconsequential to many people. Plus until I actually do my taxes I don't know if it benefits me or not bc of my propery taxes deduction is now limited.
"something like 40% of Repubs. believed (and I'm sure many still do) that Obama was a Muslim "

Lots of stupid people out there on my side. But you aren't commenting at all on Trump derangement, so I can't tell which president you feel was treated worse. You're only presenting one side, the side that helps your cause.

"It has been shown that he could have made more $ by selling everything his father left/gave him and putting it an index fund and he would be worth more than he his worth now"

As far as I can tell, he turned money onto more money, in a tough business. I also heard he didn't do better than an index fund. I haven't seen the math.

"I dislike him bc he is a vile, petty crass, vindicative, etc"

me too. I agree with you 100%. But unlike most people who dislike him, I can set aside my disdain when evaluating whether or not his policies help.

"But the tax cuts are never going to pay for themselves like we were promised"

They rarely do, anyone who says different is a liar. Most government programs run up debt. Obama added more dollars to the debt, I think, than everyone before him (much of that was the wars he inherited, so not on him). But the stimulus cost $750B and won't pay for itself, and I don't know anyone who benefitted from it. I know a lot of people benefitting from the tax cut. That's the difference, and it's a big difference in my mind.