View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think the economy will survive better than his presidency.
Pay to play, drain the swamp and lock them up
Funny how the things people complain about the most are the ones they do.
Many politicians are honest and great - but some are knowingly dishonest and basic scum. They should be weeded out!
"Pay to play, drain the swamp and lock them up"

If you think that sums up his presidency so far, well you are cherry-picking for political reasons. There were plenty of things Obama did that I hated, there were some things he did great (he helped the economy recover, killed the Somali pirates, helped keep alive the programs that led to Bin Ladens death).

You left out some things that Trump did...he appointed a superb (from the conservative view) Supreme Court justice, he put a little more money in most of our pockets, he made every corporation in the country (I think) more profitable by lowering the corporate tax rate), unemployment continues to drop, the stock market continues to rise, and he seems to have fatty over in North Korea taking notice, as he let the 3 hostages go. Aren't those all good things? Why can't you say that out loud?

It would be nice if we could give presidents credit where it's due, and criticism where it's due. This guy deserves a whole lot of criticism, much of his personal behavior is indefensible. But his policies are helping the economy, at least for now.