View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 11:19 AM   #90
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mass shootings are so common that mayors now have a checklist for when one happens

Mayors have a checklist (Incident Response Plan) for a bunch of different things, well usually the EMA Director does or the PD Chief / FD Chief depending on purview. That have it for weather, shootings, IT issues, contageous outbreaks (pre-COIVD), and 99 other topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
how can there be a school that doesn’t have a kick system for christ’s sake?

i saw a report that an offf duty cop was getting a haircut. his wife and daughter were in the school. the wife texted him. he grabbed a shotgun from the barbers office ( it’s TX after all), went to the school, got his daughter out, got a bunch of other kids out, and apparently helped coordinate with CBP as they were entering.

i also hears a mom broke past police and got into the school somehow, and got her two kids out. the wall street journal reported that.

it’s hard to process it all. also hearing that some cops who appeared to be standing there doing nothing had actually been shot already. Lots more to learn.

Lock the god damn doors.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I have seen some bad things, but as usual, first and second reports often wrong. Let's see what shakes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

I would recommend a book called 'Gunfight' by Ryan Busse. Interesting perspective (former gun company executive) on the cultural change in the last decade or so, particularly on the marketing of body armor/tactical gear/AR-type weapons etc. to couch commandos.. He has a Ted talk out there as well.
I recommend people consider that if anything has proven true over the past 10-15 years is that government is increasingly failing in protecting people, both parties, from security to Baby Formula, to your rights. The trend of our country and the world in general has become more turbulent, dangerous, and divided. There has been ZERO evidence to indicate this trend is going to reverse. The Games Have Yet To Begin.

So with all of the great jobs done by all the "experts", seems kinda foolish to turn all of your security over to them.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: