View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't see anything credible that Obama has personally misled anyone.

-spence
Let's examine that...in the second debate, the town hall, a man asked Obama this question about tthe security staffing in Benghazi...

"Who was it that denied enhanced security and why?"

Obama:

"Well, let me first of all talk about our diplomats, because they serve all around the world and do an incredible job in a very dangerous situation. And these aren't just representatives of the United States, they are my representatives. I send them there, oftentimes into harm's way. I know these folks and I know their families. So nobody is more concerned about their safety and security than I am.

So as soon as we found out that the Benghazi consulate was being overrun, I was on the phone with my national security team and I gave them three instructions.

Number one, beef up our security and procedures, not just in Libya, but at every embassy and consulate in the region.

Number two, investigate exactly what happened, regardless of where the facts lead us, to make sure folks are held accountable and it doesn't happen again.

And number three, we are going to find out who did this and we're going to hunt them down, because one of the things that I've said throughout my presidency is when folks mess with Americans, we go after them."

Spence, was that answering the question that was asked? Was that even close to answering the question that was asked?

Obama was either deliberately misleading that man and everyone watching, or Obama is too stupid to understand the question that was asked. There is no third option.

you tell me, Spence. How is that not deliberate misleading on Obama's part?