View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Jim, anybody with any sense of honesty will admit that Republicans all believe the minorities are lazy and enjoy sitting around taking welfare. Welfare is like it dog whistle to Republicans. You yourself have claimed numerous times that welfare is all a grand Democratic scheme to keep minorities down by making them dependent on it and that us why they vote for Democrats.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"anybody with any sense of honesty will admit that Republicans all believe the minorities are lazy and enjoy sitting around taking welfare"

Bullsh*t. That's what the media wants you to believe about how the GOP thinks about minorities. What the GOP actually believes, is this - that some people truly cannot fend for themselves, and we need to help those people (evidenced by the fact that conservatives give slightly more to charity than liberals, we have discussed this). But it's better to help people to help themselves, than it is to create more people who cannot fend for themselves. Welfare can have a negative effect if it creates more people who can never go out and take care of themselves.

The late great liberal democrat senator from NY, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, said 50 years ago that liberal welfare was going to be an absolute Holocaust for blacks. He was excoriated for saying that. And he was 100% correct.

"You yourself have claimed numerous times that welfare is all a grand Democratic scheme to keep minorities down by making them dependent on it and that us why they vote for Democrats."

I believe that to my core, at least as regards to some liberals at the national level who make policy. I also believe that's why many liberal politicians want open borders and more immigration - it leads to more future democrat voters. That's the desired outcome.

How can any sane person be against secure borders? They can't. But they put their sanity aside, for political capital.

Paul, when I see what 50 years of liberalism has done for minorities in Hartford and Bridgeport, I say "these people deserve better". When liberals see what their policies have done there, they say "these people deserve more of the same". Because they aren't proposing anything different.

You tell me, Paul, which conclusion implies greater concern for poor minorities? Mine or theirs? Which one?

Liberalism has been a complete disaster for struggling blacks. Economically, culturally, in terms of family stability...it's been a catastrophe.

And when I say they deserve better than what liberals delivered, you claim that means I don't like them? Suffice to say, I see zero logic there. Just more blind political demonization in spite of the facts and common sense.

Finally, here's the last way I will reject your theory that the GOP doesn't care about poor minorities. The tax reform bill is going to help many minorities increase their net take home pay. You tell me, Paul...if Democrats care so much about minorities, what did they do under Obama, that was better for minorities, than this?