View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:53 AM   #73
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
The answer to your first is that he hasn’t always been balls out crazy

The answer to your second is that she’s just as narcicistic and mentally ill
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I honestly don't know anything about either one of them--just whatever the media's mood of the day portrays them to be. Even at that, since I care not a whit about celebrities, and only get glimpses when a discussion about a topic I'm interested in gets a mention of them inserted, or photos and headlines shout out to me when I search and scan other topics.

So not only am I not qualified to have an opinion about how crazy or narcissistic they are, I don't even have enough info and personal contact with them to make a judgment if I were qualified.

I wasn't interested in either Kanye, or what he had to say about Trump, beyond the impact it has on the black vote. And the hullabaloo made about his White House visit prompted me to watch a video of it.

He didn't seem particularly "crazy" to me. On a daily basis, I am in contact with a lot of Blacks, often more than Whites. He resembled a type of intellectually curious young black male who is excited about discovering amazing "truths" of life that exist beyond the constricted black culture in which he has been raised. He seemed very exuberant but lacked the reserve or restraint required to look more sophisticated, or "together." To me, it looked more innocent and endearing rather than crazy.

The success he's achieved in rising above and escaping the closed minded culture of his childhood seems to have given him the confidence to publicly express his discoveries and has emboldened the belief that he can influence toward the good the larger arena of his new life beyond the old "hood." But the lack of an advanced vocabulary (as is typical of someone jumping from the language of the hood which extracts meanings from fewer words that mean a lot of different things, depending on mood and context) probably made him appear to be goofy when he tried to speak his ideas in the political and social arena that requires a more precise diction.

I suppose, having seen a lot of attempts by young blacks trying to sound more sophisticated then they are, and not having the right words to pull it off (and often having the same difficulty myself), I get where they're coming from. And, probably, so do a lot of blacks (obviously not the Don Lemon types) many of whom may be persuaded to support Trump. Which, I think, the black Lemons are afraid of. And who probably perfectly well understood What Kanye said, and so must ridicule it to lessen its effect.