View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, he didn't say that "he" opposed same sex marriage, he said "the company" opposes same sex marriage.

-spence
Correct, that is what he said.

Now tell me how that is grounds for a city denying a license to a Chick Fil-A franchise? When did it become illegal for a company to donate to groups that advocate for traditional marriage? As far as I know, no one is saying that the company, or franchises, don't hire or serve people who disagree with their views. As far as I can tell, the whole thing came to a head because, as usual, liberals have zero tolerance for anyone who isn't as enlightened as they are. Again, if someone wants to boycott the restaurant because of their views, fine. But I don't see how the government can prohibit the restaurant from operating, because of the company's values. Even the ACLU, for God's sake, has said that these cities wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court. Blatant violatrion of the First Amendment. Spence, I would think that, as a progressive, you'd be concerned if the government was trampling someone's right to free speech? Or are you admitting that not everyone has that right?

I also see you dodged my connection to the fact that liberals, as a group, are quite concerned about the conservative war on women, but those same liberals apparently show no concern for the way Muslims treat their women. Any comment on that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-28-2012 at 10:22 AM..