View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #146
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That happened in 1988. Ian probably wasn't even born then.

Pres. Trump is notoriously cheap. He was never active in the NY fund raising circuit and even got in trouble for paying a business fine with $ from his foundation. He also used $ from the foundation to buy personal items. I hate to criticize someone for the amount of $ they give but i'm offering a counterpoint.
And there are people who say he's exceedingly generous.

Paul, he's not a good guy. He's not even close to being what I (nor you, probably) would call a good guy. Your counterpoint is 100% valid. 100%. But it's not all there is to him, that's all I'm saying. We should be able to say "yes, he is very obnoxious", but we should also be able to say "he saved those Carrier jobs when Obama said explicitly, that it couldn't be done. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there, because he did, quite easily, that which Obama said was impossible."

One host at Foxnews (Hannity) never says anything critical about Trump. No one else on TV, from what I can tell, will ever give him credit for the good things he does.

Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy were also scumbags, the absolute filth at the bottom of the barrel. But they are praised by the same folks who bash Trump. The hypocrisy is stunning.

Bill Clinton proved, I think, that a reptile can be a productive President.