View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Rockfish9

I've tried a dozen if I've tried one methed of hooking plugs to a spinner...and settled on pre rigging and having adjustable hooks and swivels on the far end.. I can put the exact tension I need and have 2" of adjustment.. each wheel holds 6( 8") plugs ( 2 per length,) 3 wheels...I've tried springs and hate them.. I use sections of jack chain varying from a single link to as many as i need to get the job done.. for darters or fresh water( small) plugs, I use a small length of rigging wire ( cutoffs from my tail wraps) and make elongated "s" shapes, pinching them tight around the eye... I epoxy while the plug is spinning ( rotissary style).. I find this much eaiser than putting playing cards in lip slots,fighting to get screw eyes out that are epoxied in etc... when I still have to rig the plug so doing it ahead is a no brainer for me... any epoxy that dribbles on the lip is eaisily cleaned off with a razor knife.. it saves alot of time and makes spinning alot eaiser... there are pictures here of my spinner(s) with plugs on them somewhere..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote