View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

The "media," not sure what that means anymore, and that is a huge part of the problem that the "media" has created.

In the past fifty years the media environment has changed almost completely. The media did not create the internet and cable TV, technology, markets and money did.
Where the news cycle in 1960 was a week for political news, it is now minutes, very competitive and compensation is elusive.
I don't know what the solution is, but I don't think the media is the enemy of the people or that there is some deep state existing and plotting in the media.
I'm not interested in your typical tribal assessment of any thing that could be construed as anti-Trump.
Trump uses plenty of weasel words, and his reality presidential show is always a performance. Some people tell me they like reality TV shows.
Time will tell the Trump story, it looks like a horror show to me and heaven to you.
We'll see eventually.
Nixon's approval rating was almost 70% when he was reelected and less than 25% a year later.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin