Thread: IPA weekend
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 03:29 PM   #4
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Not a fan of IPAs, But I have to appreciate the dedication..and attention to detail and time to produce drinkable Beer…

Would a Marzen (my favorite) be less or more intensive in time and ingredients? Or are most beers preparations based on the style your brewing . with very little room for experimentation

Sorry to ask such basic questions :cheers
I love the questions, the hardest beer to brew is a straight up pilsner,everything else is basic,base malts are almost universal, it's the flavoring malts and adjuncts, hops( or lack of)
as well as mash temp yeast type, as well as fermentation temp that sets it apart.. And yeast , if any parameter is off on pilsner it tastes like skunk wee wee flavor is not hidden by a ton of hops..
People dislike IPAs because most brewers over hop them and make them bitter..I get it, Iim real fussy on temperature of my mash and how much and type of hops I use, and how I execute their addition, i make several lagers, my favorite is a Blue stallion clone its close to an authentic German pilsner, I brew it as close to authentic as possible..
I'm still relatively new to brewing, I've only been at it 3 years,I've learned alot, but have alot To learn..

I'm brewing an american IPA tomorrow, the next after that, I'll brew a Marzen and document the process for ya.. it will be fun..pictures and all!

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote