View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
What I don’t understand is why the concern now? Because the stocks are low? That’s like everyone complaining how the ASMFC waits until the stock is overfished before making any adjustments to the size/bag limits. Why not only use a single belly treble all along if you’re really that concerned about the fish?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'll do my best to answer your questions.

"What I don’t understand is why the concern now?" I am sure there was concern in the past and there is concern now and there will be in the future, this is not a new thing. I think there should be more awareness for all, including new fishermen and old.

"Because the stocks are low?" Nope, because conservation is a good thing. If everyone paid attention to Bob Pond, maybe things would be better.

"That’s like everyone complaining how the ASMFC waits until the stock is overfished before making any adjustments to the size/bag limits." I get your point but essentially no, I think we can have a discussion and bring the subject up to broaden some horizons. I don't know about you but I could learn a few more things and better ways and techniques.

"Why not only use a single belly treble all along if you’re really that concerned about the fish?" Some have, some were not aware and some may have halfway did that. I think Dave's worm weight idea was more is more than just about conservation and mortality, it shows you can still be as effective with plugs and get similar action so your catch rate does not suffer from simply removing a hook or two.

Good questions but we should look forward and try to reduce the numbers of fish that don't make it that they are telling us we are killing. Maybe raising the level of care so in the backs of our minds we can be more conscientious that is all.

I personally have put less pressure on the bass by not going fishing as many trips as I used to. I know there was a time when I did that in the past due to the cost of gasoline, and other times due to work but now I try to focus on fewer more quality trips.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote