Thread: Bergdahl !
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Well he's still alive. He is also charged not just with desertion, but for some kind of inappropriate action while with the enemy.
Misbehavior before the enemy and it's the more serious charge. I'm not sure I buy his story he was going out to report on problems within his unit, not that there weren't any, but to do so alone and at night seems pretty reckless. I'd like to know if there actually was a senior officer in the area he could have gone to.

Quote:
I don't think we had a choice but to get him back. If it was my call, I would plug my nose and make the deal, because we need to know what happened, and it's possible we stioll owe a debt to this man - maybe he's not even really responsible for what happened.
I'm sure that was the reasoning.

Quote:
But I wouldn't have staged that phony, farsical, manipulative Rose Garden ceremony until I had the facts. That's what I call "shooting without aiming", which Obama likes to accuse Bush of.
Had his father not had such freakish behavior I think people would have read the situation a lot differently. More empathy and less ridicule.