Thread: SMILEY
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
scottw

SMILEY

flipping through the channels yesterday I had the occasion to catch a few minutes of Tavis Smiley with an assembled panel of "experts"...including Ariana Huffington, Cornel West, the woman (Maria, I think) from CNBC, a woman who represented a hisapnic organization, an Asian gentleman who was a CEO I think, I think there was a woman of middle eastern descent, and well, you get the picture, the only thing missing was a native american with a big head dress(which offended me a little as one of native american descent)....

Smiley...if the jobs picture improves Obama will win in 2012 in a cakewalk and if the jobs picture doesn't improve, 2012 will be the "most RACIST election in American history"(exact words), and repeatedly asked the experts to explain to him how 2012 will NOT be the most racist election in American history...if the job picture improves, Obama will win but it will still be the most racist election in American history...

hispanic woman...the way to create jobs in America is to pass comprehensive immigration reform

Cornel West......the way to create jobs in America is to turn America upside down and give everything to the poor and "then imagine the kind of place America would become" he said with wild eyes and a creepy grin.... (this guy is great, love to have him for a semester)

Ariana...Obama has been completely absent on the issue of jobs, he has so many things at his disposal that he hasn't used like, well...she was about to explain when Cornel West interrupted and went on a lengthy rant....

Asian gentleman......concerned about protectionism...pointed out that in a bill signed the day before the government will only be buying solar panels domestically...brilliant!!! the new green energy solar panel manufacturers that I've chronicled the demise of really needs a boost, what better way to save a company created with tax payer dollars than to buy all of their products with tax payer dollars...screw the free market!!!!

you get the picture....the woman from CNBC actually had probably the best explanation for the stagnated job market and the trepidation of business owners, a "depression" level housing market and...what everyone seems to ignore....soaring prices of fuel, food and other comodities...here and abroad....companies aren't going to hire in an uncertain climate or because Obama assembles them in a meeting and tells them to....

Tavis could barely get through a sentence without bringing up race or racism, seemed odd to me that he went through great lengths to assemble this panel, I guess to reflect society and show inclusion and diverse opinion but could not resist every opportunity to go on a race rant all the while constantly bringing up the new "CIVILITY" in Washington and around the country.....

Last edited by scottw; 01-14-2011 at 08:44 AM..