Thread: Debate #2
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #11
scottw

ever since Al Gore coiffing his hair to look like Regan and switching to "earthtones" and going all "alpha male", these things seem so phony and produced that I can't stand to watch them, I turned it on for about 5 seconds last night searching for the Yankees game and saw Mitt striding up to intercept a "very outstanding"question from an "undecided" and that's all I could take...Gordon Gecko vs. Erkel being refereed by Rosanne came to mind....I saw her referred to as "Eye Candy"....oops....anyway, I'll usually try to listen on the radio to avoid the distraction of the setting and makeup and posturing, last night I found a Tweet Tracker that was tremendous fun, so much so that I couldnt stop watching/reading...it included notable lefties like Ezra Klein and righties like Michelle Malkin and many in between from the major publications...it was fascinating to watch the real time comments, most were clearly rooting one way or the other and a few were equal opportunity in their praise or criticism, most on the left were troubled that Obama had not answered this way or that with one of the many standard talking points that we've heard for years, most on the right we troubled about the supposed "undecided" status of the questioners...both sides liked the fact that the candidates ignored the "rules" in many cases and went at it pretty good and felt that Obama was benefitting from both the nature of the questioning and the clock....the left was very quiet as time went on in the debate and most tweets were to offer the answer or statement that they wished Obama had said at various points, there were points where both sides thought that Obama had an opening on a topic and was about to pounce and it never happened which led to either lament or relief....

everyone is waiting for a major mistake in these things, candidates, press, observers, if none occurs...ahhh..it wasn't that great, it's all part of the big dog and pony show beginning with the conventions and ending with the innauguration...90% is unnecessary

WOW!?#

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...to_romney.html

Last edited by scottw; 10-17-2012 at 04:40 AM..