View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #72
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Can you re-state the questions? Not sure what you are referring to, but I don't dodge.see below

"You don't seem to understand how being stopped repeatedly for no reason other than being black could get some pissed off."

I absolutely understand it. But what YOU don't understand, is that it's better to deal with the occasional indignity and be alive, than to be left alone to be murdered.But the people in those neighbor hoods don't want it. Frankly, you or I will never be stopped nor hopefully never have to deal with the crime in those areas. Other cities have tried other crime prevention tech. that have worked. I don't know what Chicago has or has not done but why not try the least painful for the people who just want to get up and go to work/school rather than try something those people don't want?

A judge did deem stop and frisk to be unconstitutional. A judge once also declared slavery to not be unconstitutional. Judges make monumental mistakes. It worked.
Can you post any studies that showed it was effective?

Why did crime start going down in other states and countries that didn't do the unconstitutional stop and frisk?

When did crime start going down and when did Rudy implement stop and frisk?

Did the crime rate go back up after they stopped stop and frisk?