Thread: H-Bomb
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, here's my issue with the left's treatment of Trump.

For 8 years, the left claimed that it was no big deal that Obama was admittedly close to two loathsome racists - Rev Wright, and Rev Sharpton. As despicable as Sharpton was (Brawley/Pagones - can name them off the top of my head) I don't view him the same as Nazis or KKK.

But now, the left is telling me it's a huge deal that Trump associated himself with Steve Bannon. I view some of his ideas as repugnant so just as you viewed Sharpton that way, others view Bannon that way. And I guess it's a bad sign that Trump doesn't wake up every morning and have a press conference that he doesn't start off by saying "I don't like Hitler".

My dog could spot the glaring double standard, and he's not an overly bright dog.It's not a double standard it is the other side of the coin.

Does the right engage in that kind of hypocrisy? Of course, that's politics. But not to the same degree. BS - it is the same.Lots of conservatives criticize Trump when he deserves it. Not many liberals dared to criticize Obama. It's not the same thing.TThe diff. is Trump isn't conservative - at this point he is clay and can be molded by the last person who talks to him bf he tweets.
NM