Thread: Olympics Gripe
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
FishermanTim

I agree that some, if not most, have voices that would shame a banshee, but wouldn't you think that they could have mimed the words?

Two things that I caught over the past two weeks that struck me as unusual (one good, one bad):

**Good**
Quite a few events were won by athletes from small countries that weren't expected to be a factor against the larger countries.

It just re-emphasized the fact that "the best" doesn't always come from the biggest!

**Bad**
Quite a few athletes showing anger that they didn't win the gold in their events. They replaced poor sportsmanship in place to good.
Remember when a person would be proud to win ANY medal?
Remember when it was a competition of the "best of the best" from around the world? Remember when the announcers wouldn't tell you who SHOULD win before the event, based of their past umpteen meetings over the past four years?
Now there are more and more displays of disdain and disgust by athletes because THEY failed to get the gold in an event that they were supposed to win.

I will always root for the underdog, even if it means rooting against the US. I also love closely matched events, so that the win is not a shoo-in.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote