View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

We go through about a gallon a day in milk.....probably 6 a week is what we do......Kids drink milk...they're supposed to its good for them. and I might be able to feed them for $500 a month if I cut out things like Meat and Fruits/Vegetables...I mean a friggin Tomato cost $1.50 nowadays

and its $1000 a month, thats what all the other amounts stated were. And the $5000 tax credit just goes against taxable income....its not like you get an extra $5000 back at the end of the year

Oh and we forgot about the insurance on that old Beater....there's another monthly payment

and I don't agree that the government shoud step in and give people handouts and help them live beyond their means......I'm just backing up the argument that "The Means" has gotten outrageously expensive nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I just don't agree that a dependable vehicle has to equal a loan payment. I also don't agree that a family of 4 will drink a gallon of milk a day, they will suffer calcium deposits if they do

Families can and do feed themselves on less than 500 a month. Its about choices.

What daycare charges 1000 a week for 2 kids? Thats crazy, and I have one in daycare. The US government gives you back a 5000 dollar daycare credit (available to most everybody). It isn't much, but it was put in the tax codes decades ago.

Like I said, people are learning these lessons every day. The other solution is to raise the crap out of everybody's income. I guess you could wait around for the government to do that for you, or you could just do it yourself. I've never relied on the government for that sort of thing, and I pray I never have to.

People really are living beyond their means. Why should the government step in to help them live even further beyond their means?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."