Thread: mono and braid
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
eelman

Like I said, for many many years guys had no problem using mono, sensitivety was and is really not an issue with Striped bass....Maybe other fish but not bass, they are not shy about hitting whatever it they hit...On a conventional reel, use mono

I realize its what ever someone likes etc...But for the most part, especially in striped bass fishing it does not give you anything that would be considered and advantage..I keep going back to it but its important..I never saw anyone in the late 80s right until the current day have any issues catching fish with mono...There isnt a commercial guy around who uses braid and they put there 5 fish in the boat every day...Under bright sunlight.

Bottom line is you asked a question and you will get 100 different answers, what I stated is my opinion and mine only..

Exept for ( Dave)F18 Who, is a good fisherman and does catch fish using braid! I do not know anyone at all that uses the stuff and there are some high liner names on the list..Those that have switched back in a hurry..I have along with fishing partners jigged all the breachways, fished plenty of currents etc without issue while using mono and had plenty of hookups with fish

In the end, There is most likely no differnce at all..You use what you want to use...It all works

All these questions get different answers, The best thing to do is make your own judgements and try for yourself..Thats the only way to get an answer that works..

Listening to me or anyone else does nothing for you as an individual..Its like some guys hate conventional and some spinning, all this is up to the fisherman who is using the stuff ..
eelman is offline   Reply With Quote