View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 08:22 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1)What about Hilary saying that Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism? If she believes that Muslims are no more linked to contemporary terrorists than the Amish, is she of sound enough mind to be POTUS?
She didn't say that. You should watch her full comments instead of a soundbite off of Drudge or your girlfriend on FOX.

Quote:
(2) Would you call Muslims 'tolerant'? I used hyperbole about literacy (though literacy rates for women are a lot lower than your statistic in Iraq and Afghanistan). Would you describe Muslim nations, in general, as "tolerant" of Christians, Jews, or homosexuals? They're not even tolerant towards each other for that matter.
Tolerance is relative. Historically most Muslim nations have been as tolerant as anyone, but the Cold War and other power influences have certainly shaped the situation today. To describe Muslim nations "in general" for anything would be a great disservice.

Quote:
Also, what do you think of your hero's comments that everyone who wants to be thoughtful about refugees, isn't as "tough" as he is? Of course, he hurls those insults in a forum where he cannot be challenged. How very brave.
He can and is being challenged. I think the GOP is using the issue to score points and pulling some Dems along with them. Obama should and is pushing back, I don't have an issue with this.