View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #77
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He was releasing the fish as you know. There was no reason to hang him out to dry on a public forum. He doesn’t play the reindeer games that occur in the political forum as you know. He gives seminars and has been nothing but dedicated to the species for a long time. Are you able to send pms to cordially remind? What you did is akin to calling 911 on a driver not wearing a seatbelt. Your Judgement is lacking prudence.
That’s the craziest analogy you could have come up with, I didn’t call an EP officer and if he is so dedicated to the species, why would he either be ignorant of the new recreational regulations or ok ignoring them because it was easy and nobody is watching. Hey here is a crazy angle that escapes you, he OUTED himself by posting it. It’s not my job to pm someone I’ve never had contact with, never fished with, never to my knowledge even talked to face to face, to warn him he just boasted about slamming keepers by using the now illegal (if recreational) snag and drop method.

Further it’s been known for quite some time that’s a method which can result in high mortality after release, so maybe not all that dedicated. I doubt anyone who is a dedicated striper fisherman is not aware of the year to year changes, so if I ruffled his feathers in front of a small group of fisherman buddies, to use the same empathetic response your Potus did; it is what it is.

It pisses me off to see pictures or poaching catches, witness illegal means and methods, while I’m following the rules, are you ok with snag and drop if nobody’s around and watching? I’m curious if you are ok with it if it’s a buddy and not a stranger utilizing those methods, what next we going to bring back yo-yoing?

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-05-2020 at 12:32 PM..