View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #11
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
...Makes my injury sound like a day at the beach....
Big difference there Bob, ....YOU experienced yours, I only witnessed mine. Funny how your pain probably subsided during your youth...and now as you've aged, it's raising its ugly head again....and it ain't going away. Makes pounding the sand that much harder, especially on the hips...be thankful that you've taken care of your body over the years.

Your spliced wooden jack pole story reminded me of something...no injuries, just comical. My BIL owns a painting company...I picked up some extra work with him one summer. He's not one to maintain equipment, so he too had similar spliced staging. We're painting a 3-story tenement house in FR, staging is already up. I notice the spliced jack poles, doesn't look solid enough for me, so I question it. He laughs and tells me not to worry. I climb to the top and get started...not long into the job, I feel some movement...my thoughts go directly to the spliced poles,...my head starts playing games with me and now I'm concerned... he notices my concern as I've stopped painting and starts yelling from the ground below. I'm still not feeling the love, so he decides to climb up to meet me. Once on the same plank, he starts explaining that I have nothing to worry about....so much so, that he starts physically jumping on the plank.. ..."see, I told you" he says....meanwhile, his jumping is making it worse for me, I move over and grab the jack pole for dear life...this throws the weight distribution off and now his timing is off with how the plank is bouncing (he is jumping hard)...he's getting air-borne and trying to stop, meanwhile the paint can goes air-borne, hits the plank sideways and falls off the plank, it not only gets paint on windows, trims, etc...but also on the cars below. ...gotta love a show off!

I give tons of credit to guys who spend most days above 2 stories/roofs/etc... definitely not a job for me. I don't have a fear of heights, only of falling...LOL, put me in a bucket truck and I'll paint all day...take me 10x as long too.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is online now   Reply With Quote