View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I love statements that seem to imply all our issues are less than 8 years old.
Spence, we weren't this divided when Bush was President, not even close. The seeds were planted during his term, specifically, when the public opinion turned against the Iraq War, at which time all the Dems that voted for it, were suddenly saying that it was evil and immoral (that's having the courage of your convictions).

We have never been as divided as we are now. If Trump gets elected, it could definitely get worse, as he's more polarizing, and in a more combustable way, than Obama.

Obama's divisiveness is a huge reason for Trumps popularity. For 8 years, Obama has been saying that people like me are racist, uncaring hatemongers. Despite what he says, and therefore despite what you certainly believe, it's not remotely true. We're tired of it, and it's very easy for me to understand why the masses are rallying around the one guy they think will punch back. For some reason, it's noble and admiranble when Obama hits below the belt (we're all bitter clingers, all we do is "hate all the time"), but when trump does it, he gets called out for it. Trump is more vulgar about it.

Sharpton is at least as bad as Trump (worse, if your measure is body count), and Obama invites him to the Oval Office 90 times? Care to explain that?