View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That's true. But let's at least admit that the democrats aren't opposing on principle, because they were in favor of this in 2006 and 2013. This is all about Trump.

Did the GOP block anything that they had previously been on record as supporting?
First the part that consistently is overlooked here is Trump changed his budget for the Wall from 1.6 Billion that would have passed when originally presented to more than 5 Billion in December

I'll let you judge if they let anything thru, here is what the leaders of the House and Senate said at the time.

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin