View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Why? It can't be the top 5 rankings in income, life expectancy, health care, education, or the fact that we don't take dramatically more $ from the feds than we pay in taxes (unlike basically every "Republican" state).
did you leave anything off that list? was that a selective list? be honest....

any list of the pros and cons of CT that doesn’t mention cost, is about as useful as evaluating the maiden voyage of the titanic, but without mentioning the iceberg ( the linens were comfortable, the paint was fresh, the artwork was exquisite, the food was fresh.)

there are towns in conservative states that have all the nice things you mentioned, at a fraction of the cost. which is why, despite your bullsh*t selective list, Ct is one of the few states that is losing population and shrinking its tax base, even before covid while
the rest of the country was booming.

i love it when liberals make it sound like the alternative to CT is Appalachia. look at towns in NH like Hollis/Brookline/Amherst, or Franklin TN where my brother lives. these states have zero income tax, yet in these towns they cannot build $600,000 houses fast enough. upper middle class families are moving here, not meth heads.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device