Thread: Lawn and yard
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 07:08 AM   #5
Rockfish9

Front yard is a war zone... I lost 6 trees during the "did nothing storm".. it was too much work for me so we hired ( against my will) a tree company to take care of them...the stumps have been ground and now the work begins...I've decided not to replant anything except for the boarder trees.. .. those will be some kind of privacy hedge...Thursday dig safe marked the gas line.. so I started digging for the sprinkler in the front this past weekend... I laid the pipe yesterday.on the primary run..I've got to water jet a tunnel under the walkway tonight after work....last year I put 4 zones in the back yard and re landscaped it leaving 2 zones in case I ever wanted to "sprinkle" the front... the storm made the decision clearer..

Now that the back yard had one growing season ... I have to use the moss control ... haltz and crab grass preventer to strengthen the roots...and get rid of the weeds.. the crab grass was real bad but with the grass being new.. there wasn't a lot I could do..

We need the weather to co-operate.. it's a lot of work for one man and one woman....I need to get it done before our striped friends show up...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote