View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump most current tweet

Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama. We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!

but we'll look the other way over sexual misconduct for our own ... I love those Christian values
NOBODY thinks that Trump represents Christian values. Is a tiny speck of honesty too much? Although I doubt Trump will trample the rights of Christians like Obama did, forcing Catholic nuns to petition the Supreme Court that yes, even they have constitutional rights. Obama didn't think so. The OBAMA DOJ sued that shipping companies could not force Muslim drivers to ship liquor if it violated their religious beliefs. Yet Obama had no issue with forcing Christians to abandon their religious beliefs at work. No double standard there, no sir-ree.

As for Roy Moore...I don't know. It makes my skin absolutely crawl. But like everyone else, I thought the Duke lacrosse players were guilty too. I hope Moore wins, the Senate refuses to seat him, and they put another conservative (a principled one) in his place.

If these tax cuts appear to be less hostile to the middle class than the Dems are saying, the Dems will get creamed for opposing them. If they are hostile to the middle class, the GOP will get creamed for adopting them.