View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She never claimed she "moved because of taxes," she made a remark that her lower taxes were less of a burden. You'd be duped by the tabloids.

Maybe she had friends there, maybe she was sick of the winters...you're just making stuff up now.

I never said she moved to FL because of taxes, she just couldn't afford to live in NYC after her husband's death broke them.

Look at map of Canada Jim, look at what a public health system has done to the light pollution. It's like daylight at midnight.
"She never claimed she "moved because of taxes," she made a remark that her lower taxes were less of a burden. You'd be duped by the tabloids."

Are you a tabloid? You said she did what she had to do? She said she saved $10,000 in property taxes, and that "it's stress free here."

"Maybe she had friends there, maybe she was sick of the winters...you're just making stuff up now. "

Maybe. Or maybe she moved for the reason she said she moved, and for the reason that Gov Cuomo says that disastrous numbers of wealthy are leaving.

I am relying on what she said, you are speculating it was because of weather, yet I am the one making stuff up. You are getting desperate, Spence.

I see you chose to ignore that Gov Cuomo agrees with me that taxes are hurting tax revenue collected.

Spence, let's get to the heart of this...do you think states like NY and CT are losing an unhealthy number of taxpayers, because there's a big tax incentive to go to low-tax states? Yes or no?

Gov Cuomo says the answer is an unequivocal yes. Is he wrong? Being duped by tabloids? Making stuff up?