View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 01:37 PM   #220
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim you have no point you didn’t read past Fox’s headline they were comparing

Fox News Digital compiled FBI data from 2019 detailing murders and gun murders per 100,000 population. The data show that many states with higher percentages of gun ownership had lower or similar murder and gun murder rates to states with strict gun control

None of your 2 sources came close to a separations that shows gun murder rates compared to other murders by state. Or by numbers.

You misrepresented the whole article it wasn’t just gun murders as you claimed

both sources showed that the rate of gun murders in Wyoming is below the national average, despite gun ownership being high there.

Either you can't grasp it, of you don't want to grasp it, but that's what it shows.

You have to exclude suicides. I'm assuming your data doesn't do that. I posted two different sources that showed that gun murder rates in Wyoming are below the national average.

I think accidents should be included. Not suicides.

If the biggest issue were guns, WY would have a re-enactment of the OK corral every day. They don't. The guns aren't making anybody do anything.

Look I think there's a very unhealthy amount of guns out there, I think it's a big part of the problem. But it's nowhere near as big a contributor as our willingness to hurt each other. That's basic common sense. We also have constitutional limitations, at least if you care about the republic. I don't want the current party in charge, no matter who it is, being able to decide what they think the constitution means. It is what it says it is, and if we don't like it, we can change it, there's a mechanism to do that.