View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
But you are ok with private businesses making the same decisions? Would this same procedure be covered by a private insurance co?
Private businesses are hired by customers. You know what you're buying when you buy it. I can tell you I went through numberous discussions with my Mom's doctors and insurance companies on experimental treatment and they were always up front on what to expect. My dealings with the insurance companies were fantastic. I cant imagine what it would have been like dealing with a govt. agency. My wife was a legal alien when we met and you should have seen the BS to get her citizenship. You're dealing with the bottom of the barrel admin staff with teh govt. Insurance companies have to manage their risk to stay in business. They have to keep customers happy (to some degree)What does the government have to do? Does the govvt make a business or a moral call? If moral, who pays the bill? I think its too much control by the govt. I really dont have the answer, but dont want the govt in this business.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all