View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
Mr. Sandman

OK the iphone saga has ended. I had convinced myself that I had an AT&T issue and not an Iphone issue. I went back to the AT&T store and they worked on my phones for about an hour and a half. This was my second trip to the store and 2nd phone call to them. They eventually gave up and said there is something wrong with IOS7. I said there probably is but why is it only my 4 phones? They insisted it was an OS problem and I should drive to hingham and let them look at it. OK, I take another full day and go to hingham apple store (remember where I live and what I have to do to go to a store). I explain my dilemma and what I did to get this far but still no texting. He listened and said..."it sounds like a network problem" The other people sitting at the "genius" desk started laughing (they knew I had been to AT&T several times and they insisted it was an OS issue)
I said look, I agree with you I think they have my account screwed up but they insisted I come to you so here I am, I don't like being a ping pong ball I just need to get this texting matter resolved.
The Iphone tech, did a few tests and proved the phone was working and my data was not contaminating anything. Then he had a high level tech support number at AT&T and within 40 minutes the AT&T figured the problem. It was a configuration issue with AT&T...He said they screwed it up...then he put me on a customer service person who apologized to me and gave me a months credit.
Problems resolved. All is well. All phones are working properly as far as I can tell now.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote