View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems Historical contex is a challange for some ...

Not for you, of course. You've got those hatches battened down pretty tight. You're a real genious when it comes to historical context.

the world chages. …

Except when it comes to doing the census. We've always done it right. Don't change a thing. Why change perfection?

i am sure with each wave of new immigrants the pervious immigrants felt pushed out ....

In some cases they were. In some cases the immigrants were welcome. In most cases, the immigrants were legal.

But, of course, all immigrants are basically the same, want the same things, think the same way as everyone else. Why should we complain, or question them if we had 10 to 30 million Nazis immigrate here, or as many Communists, or as many other types whose cultural, religious, or political philosophy was not compatible to our constitutional system? After all, nothing changes. We will still remain the grand old Republic of individual liberty with inalienable rights. Like the census, nothing has changed in the past 200 years. We've been doing it right, and always will.

We're the same nation, we've been doing it the same way that we did 200 years ago . . . right? Makes me wonder why so many are afraid of Trump. I mean, after all, nothing in the way we do things changes. Relax. We've always done it right.

to a degree why should today be any diffrent ?

Exactly . . . or . . . to a degree. When different Presidents come along, some folks feel pushed out. But it's always been done that way. And we've always done it right.

Includindg the current incendiary rhetoric ...

Excluding you and PeteF and Got Stripers . . . you guys don't do incendiary rhetoric.

funny its always the white guys saying race has nothing to do.with it

Well, OK, you're allowed a little fib every now and then . . . if it's under 10,000 of them that would be acceptable because it would be less than Trump's. Actually there are several black guys who also say race has nothing to do with it (what's "it"?). But, of course they're just "Conservative" Uncle Tom's

... but for many its a reason .... and for the otherside the same response..... there is no blance.. in the far right or the far lefts response to this issue the middle is drowned out
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Perhap's because the "middle" doesn't say that race has something to do with "it"? Or maybe the middle thinks its the middle when it isn't. Wouldn't "mainstream" be the middle? Is the mainstream press drowned out? Who is claiming to be the middle? Do Pelosi or Schumer claim to be extremists? Are they being drowned out? Do Ilhan Omar or Ocasio-Cortez, or Rashida Tlaib claim to be extremists? I thought they claim to represent the great working class regular people. Are they drowned out? Does Bernie Sanders claim to be an extremist? He claims to represent what most of the people want and need. Isn't most of the people the middle? Is he drowned out?

Are you the middle?

Last edited by detbuch; 07-07-2019 at 09:36 AM..