View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Did you ever lobby a valid one?
Yes.

It wasn't just my criticisms of Obama you dismissed, it was any and all criticism of Obama you dismissed. I'm not going to read through 8 years of posts. If you believe you judge liberals and conservatives fairly and objectively and consistently you are, of course, entitled to that opinion. I would disagree, and I am entitled to that opinion.

I identify as conservative. I do so, because I believe conservatives have a moral compass that is vastly, vastly superior to that of liberals. As such, it's human nature, I think, to root for my side, because if many leading conservatives were perverts, it would undermine my belief that our platform is better. It's natural to root for that which you believe in. I could lie and say that I don't care whether perverts turn out to be liberals or conservatives. I think most people who make that claim, at least those who are not right in the middle who make that claim, aren't being honest.

You are WAY more partisan than I am (I disagree with the GOP on gay marriage, the death penalty, and gun control, and I'd bet the farm you have no similar disagreements with liberalism). So I'd be willing to bet that if you read a headline tomorrow that said "15 US Senators indicted for rape", you'd pray (if liberals believed in prayer, that is) they were all republicans. I'd root they were all democrats, and as I said, I'm not as invested in conservatism as you are in liberalism, not even close.