View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:33 PM   #14
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
I guess I don't know about drifting eels along a 100 foot stretch of shoreline.

I guess I should start drifting plastics in the same manner and expect anyone that wants to fish east of me to go away, since I have the right to all that shore simply because I want to fish as close to shore as possible.

Nah, I'm not THAT selfish or idiotic.

I understand that drifting live baits can be VERY effective in some areas, but is probably the most ineffective way to fish that section.

My gripe was simply that these guys were basically making 1/3 of the shore east of Pip's "off limits" because they were drifting eels.

Also, as stated earlier, this is the first time in 20+ years that I've ever seen someone live line any kind of bait there. Sure, there have been a few chunk slingers, and they tend to stay closer to Pip's and their lines may drift 20 feet of so down current (but 20 - 30 feet out).
You seem to know everything about fishing that area. I guess the fish I catch must be due to dumb luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote