View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Very few people showed up. Even less had anything new to show. Which sounds all sad.....but it wasn't. I think I enjoyed this more than any of prior ones.

Just an easy, relaxed, fun few hours talking plugs with other guys who love 'em. Nice venue, loads of good food. Plenty of new ideas to ponder.

Seems to me that as so many (and Ron is a happy exception) have moved into the commercial aspect of the hobby they have forgotten why they started building stuff to begin with......or probably, more likely, the commercial aspect has dried up the simple enjoyment of building things to enhance one's fishing experience and replaced it with the more complex (and seductive) enjoyment of financial reward and prestige achieved by building things other people highly desire. Essentially, people start building plugs to catch other people (by catching fish, true).....and, once that primary purpose has shifted, then getting together with other guys to talk about plug fishing and share ideas (that someone else might use) takes on a much lower priority.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote