Thread: crickets...
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No, see, you keep saying again and again that I am in error. That doesn't make it so. Some of the founding fathers were fine with banning guns on campus. I therefore conclude that they never intended the second amendment be absolute. Along the same lines, I have freedom of speech, but I cannot threaten someone or yell "fire", which is (I think) further evidence that limitations on the bill of rights, are not necessarily unconstitutional. I think I make a compelling case. Telling me to shut up, isn't refuting what I am saying. That's what liberals do when they have no cards to play.
When the big and emotional assault on Second Amendment rights is being argued on the basis of federal power, is demanding that the federal government "do something," please take constant and specific care to note that whatever limits there might possibly be on the Bill of Rights, those limits are absolutely forbidden against federal intrusion.

Otherwise, if you keep plying some unspecified, general limitations on those rights, it gives fuel to the fire of calls for some unspecified power of the federal government to regulate Bill of Rights freedoms. And so you then unintentionally enjoin the notion of such an unspecified power of the federal government. That is the road to federal government expansion and further erosion of the Constitution. Does that sound reasonable to you?