View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I don't typically like to discuss politics, it's a good way to loose friends and make enemy's.

I agree that it's difficult, usually impossible to discuss politics with someone, even a friend, who disagrees with you. Probably because politics is so important that most take it personally rather than objectively. An objective view would require a mutual understanding of the purpose of government. If that understanding cannot be mutual, but is a contest between personal points of view, then discussion is fruitless at best, bitterly argumentative at worst.

Unfortunately, most don't have a clear position on what government is, why we need it or don't, and how a nation of diverse individuals can all equally be served by it, if they are to be served at all. Even more unfortunate, most have fuzzy notions which are disconnected from foundational principles and which are reduced by politicians and the media who support them to government as an undefinable top down force which ensures their personal well-being--however and in which way government wishes to do so.

If we can get past the divide between your notion of personal well-being and mine, between your version of what government is and mine, what is left is a personality contest.

I don't like Hilary, but Trump is a loose cannon and he can't keep his foot out of his mouth long enough to speak to the issues. He comes across as a narcissistic, egotistical, 13 year old in a suit. Last night i was just waiting for him to yell I am rubber and you are glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Actually, he has spoken to issues, when he didn't have to rebut personal attacks. And he is not as loose a cannon as Hillary is a tightly wound robot. But his personality obviously rubs you the wrong way. That's what happens when elections become a personality contest and we vote on manufactured issues rather than on who will best govern by mutually agreed upon principles.

I am personally embarrassed as an American, that the world is seeing that these two clowns are the best of the best and this is what is is store for the USA.

Makes me want to vomit, what a said state of affairs and if I have to watch one more negative ad; I think I'm trashing the TV remote.
I don't find it difficult to decide on how to vote. I am not embarrassed as an American what the world thinks of our "clowns." The "world's" elites often think of all Americans as clowns. They do appreciate our military and monetary aid, but still consider us as clowns--powerful and rich clowns. Actually, our own American elites think of the rest of us as either clowns or useful idiots.

And I don't give a rat's butt about the two personalities running for President. The long history of our long line of Presidents is sprinkled with clowns, at least in the opinion of those who didn't, or don't, like them, but many who served the country well. Like the Rolling Stones said:

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"

I find it easy, and imperative that we need, if we wish to preserve American foundational principles, to vote for the candidate who is most likely to do that. And if you think that candidate is Hillary, you have a different idea of what government is for than I do.