View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Pete, I went to your link, and truthfully, its WAY more scary reading her quotes in context than Sandman's post!

She seriously said the following:

"It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few and for the few, time to reject the idea of an "on your own" society and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity. I prefer a "we're all in it together" society.

Now, there is no greater force for economic growth than free markets, but markets work best with rules that promote our values, protect our workers and give all people a chance to succeed."

We're all in it????? That means people who don't work hard, people who don't educate themselves, people who don't take care of their health..... thats right its up to the rest of us to take care of them.....right? NO WAY - thats communism! Tell me why the government should take MY money and give it away, no one gave it to me, I work for it. I should wait in line for heathy care with some guy that drinks beer all day and collects welfare while I bust my arse, nights weekedns etc?????
She is SCARY and I am petrified.
I didn't say that it wasn't scary. Just that it wasn't exactly what she said.

Quote twisting in emails and print is a big pet peeve of mine.