View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Umm yeah, that kitchen project..... She is selling the electric slide in stove/oven with the fridge to a neighbor, as she has found something new, as in another stove with built in down draft. I don't know what's going on with the fridge. Or what this will add to the cost. I've been told I need to start before the boat goes in.

As for the water heater; needed to get it done in time for her to have a hot shower before she left for the week on Tuesday at 0430.... So picked up 50 gallon tank and new burner at 0800 on Monday. Old burner was beat looking so wasn't putting that in a $1300 tank. Total for tank and burner with tax was $1805. Buddy put it in. I picked up, delivered into basement, and got rid of old one. New tank is much bigger, both width and height, for same capacity. Was told it was 2015 regs that increased insulation and tank, which should increase efficiency. We'll see. I need to turn up the temp a bit as I like an almost scalding hot shower.

If it weren't for being an emergency replacement, and not having gas in the street, I would have liked to been able to consider the on demand system vs a tank system.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote