View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump has changed nothing for me he hasn't improved my life or my future or my children's..

when is apple going to create these jobs you throw out regularly??

this line fits you 100% "This story has been catnip for conservative fans of the GOP tax bill. "

you are following Trumps laser pointer over the caravan of people conservatives gotta have themselves a Bogeyman

Whats your take on this ?? US deficit rises 17% driven in large part by a sharp decline in corporate tax revenues after the Trump tax cuts took effect. how this fit in to you economically bias brain
"Trump has changed nothing for me"

Unemployment is down, GDP is up, the stock market is up. At an absolute minimum, that means more tax dollars which pay your salary (well deserved salary by the way) and funds your benefits. Yes it does help you. Your pensions also has some exposure to the stock market, Trump is helping that grow, he is helping fund your pension.

"when is apple going to create these jobs you throw out regularly?"

Beats me. Were they lying to make Trump look good? You think Apple does that? They also paid a one-time tax bill of $38 billion, to bring back $250 billion. That's $38 billion the feds will have to help people. It's not me who throws that fact out there, Apple is doing it. I'm truly sorry if Apple's actions don't serve your political narrative, but when your agenda cannot hold up to good economic news, perhaps you need a new agenda.

"this line fits you 100% "This story has been catnip for conservative fans of the GOP tax bill. "

So Apple paying $38 billion in taxes, and adding 20,000 new jobs, is just "catnip"? It's not actually significant? Fascinating.

"Whats your take on this ?? US deficit rises 17% " My take is the same as it was when Obama added gazillions to the debt, that it's bad. I bet you didn't complain when Obama added trillions to the debt. But there is plenty of conservative hypocrisy on this issue, but not from me.