View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

A kinder gentler thread without pics.

I just had a blowout with my brother in law about my other thread. Seeing as he is college educated I value his opinion and wanted to know what he thought. I prepared him before showing him the thread and asked that he keep an open mind and hear me out. Well his reaction was probably the same as many folks here and I can understand how the initial reaction is visceral but that should not be the cause for NO Communication. He just said I can't look at that and got angry at me and walked out of the room. I told him I found his reaction disrespectful and childish, for he would not discus it at all. I wanted the lines of communication open which I felt gives him the chance to show me how I was wrong and perhaps teach me something or maybe the other way around. I have the feeling due to the lack of responses here that many others took the same position. I wonder if many people actually took the time to watch the video or did they just close their minds like him. I chose that photo because it speaks in ways that I cannot put into words and symbolizes the atrocities that took place. I realize the image is quite disturbing but if you can get past the initial shock and watch the video it may actually help.

Should images like that be hidden from view?

I have chosen to start this thread rather than expose people to that image again (although the thread should be left open) and hope that we can have an exchange of opinions not about how it made you feel, but whether or not some images should not be available for view and why.