View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I have an idea, let's call ourselves liberals and criticize something we used to praise because we don't like conservatives. It's a bad look guys. And it accomplishes nothing constructive. I understand it gives you purpose, but the smug act makes you look foolish to all but your clique.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You absolutely nailed it, that's all this is - liberals criticizing that which they praised for 8 years when Obama was POTUS.

From 2009 - 2016, it was awesome, and to the President's credit, when unemployment went down. From 2009 - 2016, it was awesome, and to the President's credit, when the stock market went up. And no one cared about adding to the debt. And no one cared that wages weren't increasing significantly.

Today, when unemployment is even lower, and the stock market is even higher, that's bad because now that the POTUS is a Republican, these things only help rich people and businesses. And suddenly, none of that means anything, unless wages increase meaningfully.

"the smug act makes you look foolish to all but your clique."

Bingo again. To say that there is zero, and I mean ZERO, intellectual honesty to liberalism, is an understatement. People are finally seeing this for what it is, which is why at this moment, the GOP controls everything in DC, and a huge majority of governorships and state legislatures.

We'll see what happens in the midterms, there could be a blue wave. Or maybe not. But as of right now, the democratic party is not a national party, it's a fringe group of radicals (who feel strongly that grown men should share public restrooms with 7 year-old girls), with strongholds on the two coasts, and zilch in between.

Their ideology only moves further to the left, never back towards the center. Their best hope, and it is a very realistic hope, is sufficient immigration.